In this workshop, it's all about the hamstring muscles. Following a very successful workshop all about the hamstrings in early March, I’m offering this one again for those of you who missed it.
All too often the role the hamstrings play in contributing to back, hip and knee pain is underestimated or overlooked.
Do you experience low back pain? Do you experience hip pain? Do you experience knee pain? Do you have trouble folding forward to touch your toes with ease? Do you have a sense of perpetual tension or pain in the back of the thighs and legs? Does your yoga or other movement practice feel limited by tension and lack of mobility in your hamstrings?
If you’ve answered yes to one or more of these questions, this workshop was created especially for you!
What’s it all about?
* we’ll look at the structure and function of the hamstrings from an anatomical perspective as well as an integrative functional perspective
* we’ll discuss what normal ranges of motion are for this important muscle group and factors that can limit this
* we’ll mindfully explore several self-massage techniques to facilitate ease in the hamstrings and their associated myofascial chains
* we’ll mindfully explore several therapeutic exercises to reduce tension and lengthen the hamstrings and their associated myofascial chains
* we’ll mindfully explore several therapeutic exercises to activate and strengthen the hamstrings and their associated myofascial chains
* we’ll spend some time selecting the exercises most suited to your specific needs and creating a flow for a personalized home-care practice
* mats and equipment will be provided for you
* tea, water and light refreshments will be offered
Who’s guiding the workshop?
Hi, I’m Lisa. I am a registered massage therapist and holistic bodywork practitioner who is passionate about integrative health and wellness. My classes are rooted in my strong backround in anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, and dance, and combine subtle somatic awareness with full-body conditioning and slow, connective tissue release techniques. I've been teaching dance, fitness, therapeutic exercise, and other mindfulness-based movement practices for over twenty years. I hold certifications as a fitness trainer, yoga teacher, and practitioner of therapeutic/rehabilitative exercise.
When/where is it?
Saturday 20.05 -- 14:00-17:00 at The Dream Haus
Spaces are very limited, so please send a message to to reserve yours now.
Still not sure?
Listen to your body — it knows.
Please feel free to call or message me with any questions you might have.