First off, A BIG THANK-YOU & HEARTFELT CONGRATULATIONS to the organizers, competitors, and spectators at the First Annual Freidrichshain Cup this past weekend! It was a real pleasure to be part of it, and I am already looking forward to next year!! If you participated in the tournament, you are eligible to receive 25% off if your first full-length/60 minute treatment.
For you, and other Tennis players out there, here is a bit of information on how Massage Therapy could benefit your game.
Tennis is a difficult sport. When you consider the amount of running players have to do and then add to that the forceful, repetitive motions that players' bodies must endure in order to master serves, volleys, forehands and backhands, you have a sport that places a lot of stress on muscles, joints and ligaments. As a massage therapist I am trained to recognize potential injuries that tennis players are prone to, and can provide therapeutic massage therapy to keep you healthy during training and matches.
Benefits of a Tennis Player Focused Massage:
· Alleviates neck & shoulder pain and tightness, allowing your gaze to remain focused on the ball during serves, forehand and backhand swings
· Increases range of motion in arms and torso, allowing for a more efficient swing
· Focuses attention on the forearms and hands, improving the racket grip
· Relaxes hip and low back muscles, increasing ability for rotation and weight shift throughout the swing
· Decreases low and mid-back pain and spasm associated with repetitive stress
Sports massage therapy offers athletes of all sports an opportunity to:
· Stay fresh during long stretches of intense training. Sports massage therapy targets sore muscles and joints, increasing circulation and allowing lactic acid and other metabolic wastes to drain away.
· Prevent and reduce the extent of injuries that can occur over the course of a season.
· Help players loosen up and get energized before matches, as well as help them cool down and remain fresh after their matches are over.
Besides the general benefits provided by sports massage therapy, there are also injuries and issues specific to tennis that sports massage therapy can help. Some examples include:
· Tennis elbow. The pain and tenderness that comes from this ailment can end or severely curtail the playing of any tennis player, especially those over the age of 30. The increase in circulation that sports massage therapy provides helps remove unwanted elements that inflame symptoms of tennis elbow. Sports massage around the elbow will also help the flexibility and strength of the muscles surrounding the injured area, helping to relieve stress placed on the tendon.
· Trigger points. These highly sensitive and irritable spots in muscles can cause pain and limit range of motion, often in areas separate from where the trigger points are located. I am trained to spot trigger points and provide direct treatment that will decrease the pain and limited movement they cause, helping to improve your athletic performance.
· Back, knee, and calf pain. Sports massage helps improve players' level of strength and health through increased circulation and the removal of harmful bodily wastes. Massage therapy applied directly to these injury-prone areas will help keep them healthy during training and subsequent tennis matches.
Whether you are a competitive player, or a more recreational one, treatment from a highly trained and experienced massage therapist can help ensure that your performance will match your potential and that your playing experience overall will be as painless as possible. I am specialized in providing healing and rejuvenating services to athletes of all walks of life -- from celebrity athletes to youth athletes. I offer Deep Tissue Massage/Sports Massage, Trigger Point Release, Myofascial Release, Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy, Therapeutic Exercise and Assisted Stretching, as well as Pregnancy Massage and other wellness treatments.
I look forward to hearing from you to set up a free consultation and/or your first session!